The Music Cognition Group (MCG) searches for an enthusiastic and well-organized student assistant / P.A. acting as a first point of contact with people from both inside and outside MCG, starting 1 September 2020.
- Dealing with incoming e-mail, enquiries and requests on music cognition related topics;
- Organizing and maintaining the electronic diaries of MCGs PI;
- Corresponding on behalf of MCGs PI;
- Assisting in organising the 2021 ABC Summerschool on Music Cognition.
- Assisting in editing forthcoming publications.
N.B. Hours are distributed over the week (ca. 1,5 hour per workday) and tasks can be done virtually.
- Registred as a student at the UvA;
- At least Bachelor level education;
- Fluent in both Dutch and English;
- Must be very organized and have good time management skills;
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Skilled user of Google e-mail and agenda software;
- Familiarity with editing academic texts and the Mendeley reference system;
- Knowledge of the field of music cognition is an advantage.
The candidate will be appointed at the Faculty of Humanities of the University of Amsterdam. The gross monthly salary (on a full time basis) will be ca. €2,250 depending on experience. Please send a letter of application (max. 300 words) and a CV before 15 July 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with “[PA] Application” in the subject header. A practical assignment might be part of the selection procedure.