The Music Cognition Group (MCG) searches for an enthusiastic and well-organized student assistant / P.A. acting as a first point of contact (with people from both inside and outside MCG) starting 1 March 2017.
In addition, tasks may include (depending on expertise and workload):
- Dealing with incoming e-mail, enquiries and requests on music cognition related topics;
- Organizing and maintaining the electronic diaries of the PI and MCG;
- Corresponding on behalf of MCGs PI;
- Assisting in editing forthcoming publications.
- Assist in analyses of EEG data;
- Assist in teaching courses on music cognition;
- Maintaining and updating MCGs reference system (using Mendeley);
- Maintaining MCGs website, news feeds and social media activities;
- Carrying out background research.
- Registred as a student at the UvA;
- At least Bachelor level education;
- Fluent in both Dutch and English;
- Must be very organized and have good time management skills;
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with editing academic texts;
- Familiarity with Google e-mail and agenda software, Ms Word and Mendeley reference system;
- Familiarity with music cognition is an advantage.
The candidate will be appointed at the Faculty of Humanities of the University of Amsterdam. The gross monthly salary (on a full time basis) will be ca. €2,200 depending on experience.
Please send a letter of application (max. 250 words) and a CV before 15 January 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org with “[PA] Application” in the subject header. A practical assignment might be part of the selection procedure.